What is Career Coaching?
Our Career Coaching program is designed to be a flexible, informal option for students wanting one-on-one guidance through the career development process. No matter where you are in the career exploration process, our Career Coaches are extensively trained to assist you!
Career Coaching is also a great first step if you’re unsure about which services might be most helpful to you. At any time, the Career Coaches can help you decide whether seeking Individual Career Counseling might be a more helpful service.
Who can benefit from Career Coaching?
A variety of students can benefit from career coaching.
- Are you having trouble choosing a major or finding a “right fits”?
- Do you want to figure out what career/occupation/job you should to go into after graduation?
- Do you want to know if graduate/professional school is right for you?
- Do you want to find tools to help you make a career-related decision?
- Do you want to better understand your interests, skills, values, and personality so you can choose a major or career?
- Do you want to create a career plan that will help you make informed, thoughtful career-related decisions?
What will I discuss with my Career Coaching?
The career coaching we provide is holistic, flexible, and confidential. You and your coach will work together to determine what’s most important to discuss. Here are some of the topics that students frequently discuss with their coaches:
- Helps you access the tools, knowledge and opportunities you need to develop your own career plans.
- Empowers you to use your own internal strengths, resources and other assets in finding solutions to your career concerns.
- Helps you bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
- Engages you in a goal oriented, future focused and action oriented process.
What career service will be the most helpful for me?
Career Exploration Services (CES) offers a variety of services that can assist you in developing your personal career plan, including career coaching and a career library. Check out the CES website to learn more!
If you’re deciding between Career Coaching and Individual Career Counseling, stop in to CES and talk to a Career Coach about your situation. They can help you decide which option will be most helpful to you. CES is open Monday through Friday, between 9am and 5pm. It is located on the second floor of the Student Services Building, room 2030.
If you are looking for assistance with developing your resume, interviewing, networking, or finding an internship or job, please visit the Career Services Office within your college.