We are excited to introduce a new and FREE online self-help tool for the Iowa State University community! You will have instant access to tools that will help you navigate your mental wellbeing. Through a partnership with Student Government all of the resources from TAO is available to YOU for FREE either online or on-the-go with your mobile device.
Sign Up for your free account today!
What is TAO?
TAO (Therapy Assistance Online) is an online library of engaging, interactive programs that help you learn life skills and bounce back from disappointments and stumbling blocks. As you watch their videos and engage with the interactive components, you’ll gain the necessary knowledge and self-awareness to achieve your specific goals. TAO offers:
- Educational modules
- Practice tools and logs
- A mindfulness library
What’s the time commitment?
The new TAO allows you to use TAO anywhere, anytime. Choose from one-time sessions, short courses (i.e., 10 minutes per day for a week or two), or long courses (i.e., content spread out over several weeks). If you have 10 minutes, you can complete a session right now!
What topics does TAO address?
- TAO can be useful in addressing and improving a variety of concerns. Here are just a few:
- Coping in the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Adjusting to change
- Social Anxiety
- Recovery and Sobriety
- Healing after a break-up
- Body Acceptance
- Imposter Syndrome
- Test Anxiety
- Grief and loss
- Building resilience
- Conflict and anger management
- Performance anxiety
- Alcohol or drug use
… and so much more!
Who is eligible for TAO Self-Help?
All students, faculty and staff with an Iowa State University email address are eligible for TAO Self-Help.
How do I get started?
- First-time users: create a TAO account by visiting the signup page (no enrollment key needed).
- Go to the TAO login portal and enter your email. Click ‘Next.’
- You’ll see a popup that says ‘We are redirecting you to your institution’s login page.’ Click ‘Continue.’
- Authenticate with your ISU credentials.
Not sure what topic to start with?
Try one of these short courses to get started. Simply click on the registration link and register with your @iastate.edu email address:
TAO is Sponsored by Iowa State Student Government