We are excited to introduce a new and FREE online self-help tool for the Iowa State University community! You will have instant access to tools that will help you navigate your mental wellbeing. Through a partnership with Student Government all of the resources from TAO is available to YOU for FREE either online or on-the-go with your mobile device.
Sign Up for your free account today!
What is TAO?
TAO (Therapy Assistance Online) is an online library of engaging, interactive programs that help you learn life skills and bounce back from disappointments and stumbling blocks. As you watch their videos and engage with the interactive components, you’ll gain the necessary knowledge and self-awareness to achieve your specific goals. TAO offers:
- Educational modules
- Practice tools and logs
- A mindfulness library
What’s the time commitment?
You can complete TAO at your own pace — whether that’s just one session a day, or perhaps two whole modules. It’s entirely up to you!
What topics does TAO address?
- Calming Your Worry
- Let Go and Be Well
- Interpersonal Relationships and Communication
- Leave Your Blues Behind
- Improving Your Mood
- Evaluating Alcohol and Drug Use
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR TAO SELF-HELP?
All students, faculty and staff with an Iowa State University email address are eligible for TAO Self-Help.
IS TAO SELF-HELP RIGHT FOR YOU?
Find out by using the anonymous Self-Screening Tool.
How do I get started?
- First-time users: create a TAO account by visiting the signup page (no enrollment key needed).
- Go to the TAO login portal and enter your email. Click ‘Next.’
- You’ll see a popup that says ‘We are redirecting you to your institution’s login page.’ Click ‘Continue.’
- Authenticate with your ISU credentials.
TAO is Sponsored by Iowa State Student Government