How to Contact Us
2505 Union Drive, Student Services Building, 3rd Floor
Mailing AddressStudent Counseling Services
Iowa State University
2505 Union Drive, 3rd Floor
Ames, IA 50011
Please call our front desk at 515-294-5056 with any questions you may have about our services.
Call 515-294-5056 during business hours to schedule an initial appointment.
Fall and Summer Academic Year Hours
Monday – Friday: 8AM-5PM
Break and Summer Hours
Monday – Friday: 7:30AM-4PM
Student Counseling Services is CLOSED for all major holidays listed below.
New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Friday after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
After-hours Crisis Line: 800-273-8255
Text “HELLO” to 741-741
Additional Campus Resources
There are several other campus resources that may be beneficial to consult for outreach, consultation, or presentations.
- Health Services
- Thielen Student Health Center, 515-294-5801
- Student Success and Assistance
- Time Management and Academic Skills Training
- Academic Success Center, 515-294-6624
- Wellness Issues (effective student health and wellness education, safety initiatives, prevention and intervention)
- Student Wellness, 515-294-1099, email@example.com
- Veteran and Military Issues
- Military-Affiliated Student Center, 515-294-9801
- Sexual Assault and Interpersonal Violence
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Identity
- Personal safety tips and resources, including the ISU Guardian App and Safe Ride
If you are in crisis, call or text the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline at 988 or chat at 988lifeline.org, or text the Crisis Text Line (text HELLO to 741741)